Impact Western North Carolina In A Meaningful Way
Count Me In
Scroll down to view the different volunteer opportunities available with MAPS.
These volunteers minister directly to clients seeking assistance.
- Pregnancy Decision Coach – Peer counselors who meet one-on-one with the client.
- Medical team – perform pregnancy tests, provide clients with medical information, and follow-up to assure clients are in medical care. Some members have undergone specialized training to perform ultrasounds.
- Grief Care Facilitator/Navigator – Facilitate our post abortion and pregnancy loss small group studies and provide customized support to families facing a life-limiting diagnosis in our Eva’s Footprints program.
- Receptionist – Welcome all who come to the center, answer phones and schedule appointments.
We Will Train You!
Training is designed specifically to address the needs of those facing an unplanned pregnancy or unplanned pregnancy outcome. Your training plan will be matched to your interest, background, and schedule.
These functions indirectly support the ministry. They do not have direct client contact but are mission critical.
- Board/committees – MAPS, as a 501(C)(3), operates under the authority of a Board of Directors. Our Board seeks input from committees with certain areas of expertise (ex. Finance)
- Maintenance – Needs range from facility cleaning and repair, to computer systems and marketing.
- Special Projects – These needs are continually changing. Contact us if you or your group would like to take on a project.
These roles provide critical connections with the community
- Prayer Partner – Prayer warriors cover the ministry and pray for special needs of our
clients, our donors, and our ministry team.
- Church Liaison – Liaisons are the key contact between the church body and MAPS, keeping their church informed about what is happening in the ministry and about special events.
- Dinner Host – Invite a small group to your home for a fellowship meal and to learn about MAPS.