If you have a positive pregnancy test, you have three choices:
Call for an appointment. We're here to serve you. (828) 252-1306
MAPS is committed to providing you with everything you need to make an informed choice. We believe women and men have a right to get accurate information from a resource that will not profit from choices they make. All our services are free and confidential. We do not provide or refer for abortions. We do not profit from any of your sexual health or pregnancy decisions.
Woman's Right to Know Act
The "Woman's Right to Know Act" requires that women who seek abortions be fully informed about relevant issues such as:
- Medical risks associated with all your options including carrying a pregnancy to term or abortion,
- Probable gestational age of the fetus,
- Abortion methods,
- Possible psychological effects of abortion,
- Medical risks of carrying pregnancy to term,
- Public and private agencies and services available to assist you through your pregnancy, at childbirth and after delivery,
- Information on free ultrasounds.
The information outlined in the Act must be given to you by a physician or qualified professional. This certification must be signed before an abortion procedure can be accomplished. MAPS can provide you with the education that this certification requires if you are considering an abortion.